What can be done from a frozen puff pastry
Puff pastry today can be found in eacha nearby supermarket. It is indispensable when you need to quickly and without effort prepare a particular batch, and the most diverse. No wonder many housewives always store frozen dough in the refrigerator for the case known as "guests on the doorstep."
What can be prepared from puff pastry? A lot of different goodies! From simple layered "tongues" to the amazing cake "Napoleon" - puffs, tubes, "envelopes", "corners", "roses"; baking with apples, cottage cheese, cheese, sausage, jam, chocolate, custard! That's what a wealth of variations are hidden from recipes from the purchased puff pastry.
Bake all the puffed products should be on the baking sheet,sprinkled with flour, or laid parchment for baking, at a temperature of 200-220 ° C. It is easy to find out the readiness: the baking stratifies, acquiring a golden color.
Roll out puff pastry 1 cm thick, cutstripes about 10 cm long, 3-4 cm wide. Twisting in the middle to make a "bow". Bake, shift to a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Roll the dough 0.5 cm thick, sprinkle the cakesugar with cinnamon and turn off first the right edge, then the left roll to the middle of the cake. It turns out a double roll. We cut it into pieces with a thickness of 0.5 cm, lay out the "ears" on a baking sheet covered with parchment, and bake until ready.
Cut the dough into squares, in the middle of eachlay out the non-liquid filling: pieces of apples, cherries, cottage cheese, or boiled eggs with green onions, or mushrooms fried with onions. Bend the squares from the dough diagonally to make a triangle, and press the perimeter with your finger, stepping back 1 cm from the edge: then when baking the filling does not "run away", and the edges of the "corners" will beautifully stratify.
You can make sweet or eateries. Roll out the dough thickness of 0.5 cm, cut the cake strips length of 15 cm, a width of 3 cm.
On the dough lay thin semicircular slicesapples sprinkled with sugar with cinnamon, or boiled sausages - so that the edges are slightly protruding above the dough - and roll the dough roll. We fasten the roses with toothpicks and bake until golden.
You can sprinkle dough strips with grated cheese or poppy seeds, then roll up - you will get puffed snails.
Coriander 1 cm thick cut with strips, grease with beaten egg, sprinkle with grated cheese. You can sprinkle with caraway seeds or sesame seeds.
Roll the dough into a cake of 0.5 cm, cut out the circlesinverted glass or a glass. We impose a stuffing, for example, boiled chicken fillet, crushed and mixed with fried onions. We protect the patties, press them lightly, lay them on the baking tray with a seam down and bake until light golden.
To cook them, you will need specialmetal cones for baking. On them, we wind the strips of dough 1 cm wide, slightly overlapping, and bake them. We remove the cooled tubes from the cones and fill them with cream: creamy, boiled or protein.
Roll the dough into a circle 0.5 cm thick andcut into triangular segments, as for bagels. On the wide edge we put a non-liquid filling: berries, a piece of jam, nuts with raisins and honey, a piece of chocolate - and turn from the wide end to the narrow one. Muck the croissant with the top side into the beaten egg, then into the sugar. Spread on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
As an alternative to small slices, you can bake a big, spectacular puff cake! Roll the dough 0.5 cm thick, cut with long, narrow strips (5 cm in width, longer - the more, the better).
In the middle of the stripes we put stuffing: Grated cheese, mushrooms, minced meat. We protect the edges and stack the resulting "tubes" with a spiral filling into the mold. You can make a pie with different fillings, alternating them. Lubricate the top of the pie with beaten egg, sprinkle with sesame or cumin. Bake at 180-200 C until ruddy.
The most delicious and favorite recipe from puff pastry! We roll the dough into 2-3 mm thick cakes, the size of the baking tray (and so that the thin cake does not tear, it is more convenient to roll out immediately on the flour-covered parchment), pierce the cakes in several places with a fork and bake every 15-20 minutes. Ready cakes take out, let cool, give a flat shape. Cut off the edges folded into a bag and walk with a rolling pin, you get a crumb for sprinkling the finished cake. Lubricate the custard, sprinkle the cake with crumbs and leave to impregnate for 3-4 hours.
Based on these techniques with the test - fantasize! Below are more recipes for you. Change the filling and shape!
Solid cheeses are traditionally used insalty baked goods and less often in sweet. This recipe for puff pastry from the ready-made puff pastry suggests to combine for the filling a fairly sharp cheese with tender cottage cheese and sourish berries. Cowberry, cranberry, red currants are suitable in both fresh and frozen condition.
Thanks to the cheese, filling pies getssome viscousness, and the characteristic taste of the selected product is transferred and baked. Ready-made puff pastry, a third of a package of red berries, 40 minutes for the whole process - and airy, friable pies with a slightly caramelized crust and fragrant core are lined with a seductive slide on the dining table. Such puffs fly off swiftly!
Ingredients for the preparation of puffs:
Puff pastry - 500 g; cottage cheese - 200 g; hard cheese - 150 g; sugar - 70-100 g; sour cream - 50 g; berries (cranberries / cranberries / red currants) - 70-100 g; powdered sugar
1. Cottage cheese rub with sugar and sour cream until homogeneity.
2. Add, without thawing, berries and large pieces of cheese - stir until evenly distributed.
3. Unfold the defrosted roll of dough on a surface sprinkled with flour, slightly roll out, achieving a layer thickness of about 3-4 mm. Cut into the same blanks square or rectangular shape.
4. Center the berry-cheese-cheese stuffing.
5. Secure the opposite edges at your discretion. For example, in the form of samsa - triangles. But the formation of pies will not affect the taste and is selected at the request of a baker.
6. After placing the seams down on a baking sheet with parchment, grease the puffs with water.
7. Place the bake at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
8. After cooling, puff with cheese curd cheese filling and sour berries sprinkle with powdered sugar. Sweet creatures can serve berry sauce.
Strudel is a crispy roll made of puff pastrywith sweet stuffing. The taste of this dessert is familiar to many, but not everyone can cook at home, the strudel so that the filling does not flow out during baking, but remains inside the roll. The secret of preparing strudel from the finished puff pastry in the oven can be learned from this recipe.
Plate (250 g) of puff pastry; big appleor 2 medium; a tablespoon (with a slide) of flour; 4 tbsp. l. Sahara; -2 tbsp. l. breadcrumbs; - 1/3 cup of walnut kernels; -pole of tea spoon of cinnamon (add at will); -1 chicken egg.
1. Apple release the core and peel, and then cut it into cubes of medium size.
2. Fold the crushed apple into a cup and add flour, half sugar and cinnamon to it. This spice gives a spicy taste that is not liked by everyone, so it is added at will. We mix everything well and set aside 20 minutes aside. During this time apples will give juice and will become slightly damp.
3. In another cup, mix walnuts, which we grind not too finely, breadcrumbs and the remaining half of the sugar.
4. We unfrozen the unfrozen plate of puff pastry with a rolling pin on a flour-dusted table. It is necessary to obtain a thinner layer of a rectangular shape. Spread out the center of the nut mass. At the edges of the filling should remain empty dough, not inferior in width to the walnut layer.
5. On top of the nuts, distribute the apple mass.
6. Now carefully wrap the roll. First, bend one side, it should completely cover the filling, and then the second side.
7. To wrapped edges held tight, before forming a roll, they can be slightly moistened with water. Then they are attached to each other and do not turn around when baking.
8. After turning the edges of the roll down, we transfer it to the baking sheet covered with baking paper, and grease the egg whipped to foam.
9. We make cross-section cuts in the knife by the knife and once again we pass through them with egg-based grease. When baking this strudel, the filling will never flow out, the flour and bread crumbs will keep the apple juice inside the roll.
10. Bake the strudel at 180 degrees. A roll can be considered ready, as soon as it acquires a rosy and appetizing appearance. We give the struder a little cool and, cutting the roll into slices, we enjoy its juicy apple taste.
A recipe for fans of express baking - snack puffs from a purchased ready-made semi-finished dough, filled with salted curd.
Puff pastry - 500 g; cottage cheese from 9% - 200 g; eggs - 1 pc. + yolk;
greens - 1/3 of the beam; sesame (black grains) - 2 tbsp. l .;
1. The dough, according to the instructions, is thawed at room temperature. For the filling we choose a fat enough cottage cheese, which is mixed with one egg. If the fermented milk product is too moist, add only yolk.
2. Finely chop clean fresh herbs - in our case, juicy parsley, add to the cottage cheese-egg mass, salt to taste and bring the composition to uniformity.
3. The defrosted sheet of puff pastry is cut first into three longitudinal strips of the same width, then each workpiece is divided into three equal squares. At the same time, the layer is not thinned - we preserve the original thickness, so that the flour shell is multilayered.
4. Spread the filling on half of the blanks / squares, the other half covered.
5. You can form either a square or a triangle. The edges of the perimeter prishchimit teeth of the plug.
6. Place puffs on oiled parchment - observe a small distance, lubricate the egg yolk, diluted with water (or milk).
7. Sprinkle with contrasting in color grains of black sesame and send it to the preheated oven by that time - bake snack puffs at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 25-35 minutes.
Ingredients for Ovaries:
300 g of prepared puff pastry; 200 g of cottage cheese; 70 g of sugar; 25 g of flour; yolk 1 egg; 8-20 cherries; 1 tbsp. l. powdered sugar
1. To prepare the filling for the ointment, stir the cottage cheese with sugar, yolk and flour. The filling of the ointers is ready.
2. Thaw the defrosted dough into a layer about 2 mm thick.
3. Using a glass with a diameter of 8-9 cm, squeeze out circles.
4. On one half of the cut cakes, lay one tablespoon with a slice of curd filling. The second half of the test curd cover.
5. Side in the filling of each sotnik, press down on the cherry. Transfer the ovaries to the baking sheet covered with parchment and grease with sweet water.
6. Place the ovens in a heated oven and bake at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Finished sots cold, then sprinkle with sifted sugar powder.
This puff of puff pastry should likeadmirers of fine Italian cuisine, and even a beginner in cooking will be able to bake it. The recipe uses the purchased ready-made yeast dough, but with the same success, the cake can also be baked on a yeast puff pastry. Mozzarella can be replaced with any easily melted cheese, and cherry - with other tomatoes of small varieties.
300 g of flaky (preferably bezdozhzhevogo) dough; Mozzarella; cherry; 2 heads of onions; dry basil.
Yield: 2 rectangular pies
1. Prepare the ingredients for the filling: mozzarella cut into thin cubes or squares, cut the cherry in half, cut the onion into rings.
2. From the plate of puff pastry roll out two rectangles (approximately 12x30 cm) 4 mm thick.
3. On the dough layers, evenly lay onion rings.
4. On top of densely lay the mozzarella slices, sprinkle with dry basil.
5. On top of the 2-3 rows of halves of the cherry (cut down).
6. Cook the cake in a heated oven at a temperature of 200 ° C for about 30-35 minutes before a crispy crust.
Prepare an open cake for your dinner tablemushrooms with champignons and cherry tomatoes. Impregnated with garlic-rosemary aroma puff pastry - a thin, soft base for assorted, which can easily be modified. Culinary skills do not require a recipe, the result is always excellent!
Dough-semifinished product (flaky) - 450 g; champignons - 150 g; cherry tomatoes - 8-9 pieces; garlic - 3-4 teeth; rosemary - a handful of needles;
olive oil - 2-3 tbsp. l .; salt; pepper.
1. Defrosted dough is not rolled out with a rolling pin - leave the layer of the original thickness, so that when baking the edging of the cake is multilayered. Rectangular semifinished immediately put on a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Lubricate the entire perimeter with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and ground pepper. To enhance the taste is also flavored with various dried herbs.
3. We scatter most of the rosemary leaves.
4. Next - chopped thin slices of garlic teeth. Garlic-rosemary tandem is great for dishes made from baked vegetables, snack pies, puffs, muffins.
5. Next layer evenly spread mushroom cut. Grind champignons can be as small, medium cubes, and halves, quarters, longitudinal plates.
6. We put miniature cherry tomatoes on champignons. Fruit stems on the fruit are left for a peculiar decor.
7. The final touch - add a pinch of spices, the remains of rosemary, a few drops of oil and put in a hot oven for 20-25 minutes. We bake our open pie with champignons and cherry at a temperature of 190 degrees.
On a note! For a puffed closed pie, a very delicious filling, this boiled chopped egg and sliced green onions.
For these layers, curd is used,prepared in a special way. Frozen yogurt (% fat to discretion) to a solid state, and then thawed at room temperature, we get a very gentle homogeneous cottage cheese, not inferior to expensive foreign analogues. For flavoring, add natural ingredients - mint and lemon zest.
Puff pastry without yeast - 300 g; cottage cheese at the output - 200 g;
mint - 2-3 branches; powdered sugar - 50 g; lemon peel - 1 tsp;
lemon concentrate (to strengthen the taste and at will) - 1-2 drops.
1. After washing under water, tear off mint leaves from hard stems, pour boiling water - steamed for 5-7 minutes.
2. Defrosted puff pastry is not rolled out, so that when baking the layer becomes lush and multilayered. Cut out, for example, round billets. In the center of each cake lay a piece of parchment paper with a load of legumes, in order to achieve the deepening / shape of the basket. We bake a flour base for curd cream at a temperature of 180 degrees 12-15 minutes.
3. To make the cottage cheese for these layers, we freeze the yogurt to a solid state. After defrosting at room temperature, strain through gauze. Cottage cheese turns out special, extraordinarily tender. Mix cottage cheese with sugar powder, which, unlike sugar, allows you to keep a silky, creamy texture of the mass.
4. We add, wrung from the water and finely chopped, mint, as well as zest.
5. Next - a couple drops of lemon concentrate, mix it to homogeneity. The cream is ready!
6. "Adult" puffs are released from the load, we cool.
7. Fill the puff cottage cheese mixture with a colored interspersed.
Unusually and delicious!
Croissant - beloved by the whole world Frenchbaking in the form of a crescent. Light, crumbly croissants can now easily be baked at home from a factory puff pastry. The filler can be simply chocolate or a combination of chocolate and nuts, confiture, custard, etc. It is desirable to use already tested dough, since the success of the finished bakery depends on its quality.
The spread of the dough for puff croissants is reminiscent of the process of making bagels. However, croissants should be crescent shaped, so the edges of the "bagel" slightly bend.
Puff unleavened dough - 400 g; chocolate - tiles; walnuts - handfuls
1. The dough plate is rolled into a rectangle 4 mm thick. Zigzag cut the resulting formation into long triangles.
2. On the wide side of the triangles stacked a few pieces of chocolate and an incomplete teaspoon of finely chopped nuts.
3. Fold the croissants like bagels and slightly bend in the form of a crescent.
4. Lubricate the croissants with the egg.
5. Bake in the oven at 200 ° C until browned. Ready croissants sprinkle with powdered sugar.
There is nothing easier than to cook sausages inpuff pastry, provided that the dough is already available. The very process of their preparation, namely the wrapping of sausages in a dough, is very interesting and takes about 10 minutes. As a result we get a delicious appetizing dish. Sausages inside the dough are baked, the puff pastry itself gets a crunchy texture - it's very tasty!
Puff pastry - 200 g: sausages of standard size - 5-6 pcs .; egg - 1 piece; sesame - a tablespoon
1. First of all we will remove the film from sausages.
2. As a rule, the ready purchased puff pastry is already sprinkled with flour, so just put it on the table and roll it into a thin layer 2-3 mm thick.
3. Then we need to cut this thin layer of dough into strips, the number of which is equal to the number of sausages. Each sausage wrapped in a strip of dough. Tightly press the ends of the dough so that it does not turn around during baking.
4. The egg is lightly beaten with a fork, and then with a brush, we smear the surface of the dough into which the sausages are wrapped.
5. The final stroke - sprinkle sausages with sesame seeds.
6. Transfer the sausages to a baking sheet covered with parchment.
7. Place sausages in a dough in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes (oven temperature 200 degrees).
8. Ready hot sausages in puff pastry are served for breakfast.
Samsa - a kind of pies from fresh andoften puff pastry in the kitchen of the Turkic peoples of Central Asia. Samsu is traditionally baked in a tandoor - a special oven-brazier, but now it is cooked in ovens.
In Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkestan, samsa is as popular as our hot dogs - it is traded on the streets, offered in snack bars and cafes.
1. Roll out a sheet of purchased puff-pastry dough rather thinly, oil it with oil or any other fat (margarine, mayonnaise, etc.). Take the roll from it.
2. Cut the roll into equal pieces.
3. Pitch each piece.
4. Put on the rolled pieces of dough stuffing - for example, meat or pumpkin. To make a pumpkin filling, cut a small piece of pumpkin with small cubes, add onion, salt, black pepper, sugar, butter or other fat.
5. Wrap the rolled dough circles into triangles.
6. Lubricate the samsa with a raw yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Lay out on a baking sheet. Warm up the oven well, then place a baking sheet with samsa in it, reduce heat to 180 ° C. Bake samsa for 25-30 minutes.