Is it possible to freeze the thawed dough
Modern culinary know more than a hundredrecipes of the test, but the yeast takes a special place. Each housewife has her own recipes for soft, fragrant, tasty and very nutritious pastries. But what about the remaining test, if you can not guess with the amount? To throw out it is a pity, in fact next time it can not turn out such successful. Is it possible to freeze yeast dough?
Walk through the grocery stores. In the frozen food departments in the freezers you will see packages with a yeast puff pastry. In the departments of cooking - chilled yeast dough, sweet and fresh. Watch a little, and notice that both of these products are sold well.
Therefore, if you create the proper storage conditions, observe the temperature regime, humidity and hygiene, the product will not deteriorate in a chilled and frozen form.
99% yeast dough consists of wheat flourand liquid. Both that, and another without any damage to the taste qualities can be repeatedly frozen and thawed. Flour of this generally "will not notice", water, milk, kefir change the aggregate state without problems. Yeast cultures do not die at negative temperatures, but "hibernate", with small positive - fermentation slows down.
In the refrigerator, such a product is guaranteed not to spoil overnight. Fermentation, although slow, but it goes, so in 3-4 days it will inevitably turn sour.
Roll a ball out of the dough, sprinkle with flour orgrease with any refined vegetable oil. Take an unused plastic bag, dry and clean, put it and tighten it tightly so it does not become airy, and condensation does not appear. With a knife or fork, pierce it in 2-3 places to provide access to the oxygen necessary for fermentation.
Pack the package on the shelf of the refrigerator, as far as possible from the freezer. Do not put raw meat, fish, products with a sharp and / or specific smell nearby. Dough will absorb them, despite the package.
When the positive temperature is close to zero, the dough is guaranteed not to deteriorate within 2 days. A little higher - you can safely count on one day.
Will transfer yeast dough and deep freezing. To do this, divide the whole mass into small portions, which you use exactly in one go. After repeated freezing and thawing, the product is guaranteed to deteriorate.
Spread the mass over sealed plasticcontainers or special packages for freezing products with a zipper. The bottom of the container is pre-sprinkled with a thin layer of flour. Puff pastry wrap in foil or polyethylene film and twist the roll.
With a standard temperature regime (15-18 ° C below zero), the dough will last for 3-4 weeks in a usable state.
If the dough lies in the freezer, firstshift the packaging for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. After this time, remove, put in a deep bowl or pan, cover with a dry clean towel. Leave the container where it will not be exposed to direct sunlight. For the dough to rise completely, it needs to stand at room temperature for at least 8-10 hours.
When there is no time, use one of the following methods:
- Without removing from the package, put the mass in a deep container and pour warm, but not hot water so that it is covered entirely. Change it as it cools.
- Wrap the dough in a few towels and put on a heating battery, on a heated frying pan, in a warm pan. Periodically turn over so that the whole mass is thawed evenly.
- Remove the product from the bag, put it on a plate and place it next to the included cooker, but not on the cooking zone. Turn the plate every 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the dough over low heat in a water bath. Constantly watch him, otherwise it will boil down to the bottom.
- Less than a minute takes the defrost in the microwavefurnace, but experienced housewives recommend using this method in the most extreme case. It is believed that the yeast will spoil, and the dough does not fully fit, the baking will not turn out so delicious and not magnificent enough. If there is a special mode for defrosting, be guided by the weight. If not - at the lowest power set the timer for 30 seconds and evaluate the result. Overheated in the microwave oven, the dough dries and becomes like a stone. From it it is impossible to cook something.
The answer to the question whether it is possible to freeze yeastthe dough is definitely yes. Create the proper storage conditions for the product and take it out of the refrigerator or freezer for an agreed period and cook without any fear.