How much frozen fish can be stored
Knowledge of the rules and timing of the storage of fish will allowavoid eating a poor quality product. To choose quality fish products, you need to focus on the signs of its freshness: odor, firm consistency, the state of the eyes and scales. The color of the gills also matters.
Store fish at home can be both frozen and refrigerated. The main thing is to observe the temperature regime and the storage time.
When buying fresh fish it is recommended to cook itIn the same day. If this is not possible, then storing a fresh product without freezing can not be more than 24 hours in the refrigerator, provided that the product is of high quality. To extend the shelf life to 3 days, you can collect ice in a plastic container, place the fish in it, and cover it tightly in a refrigerator.
How to choose a quality fresh product:
- Sniff the product. The smelly smell should not be. Fresh fish has a light fishy flavor.
- Press on the fish scales. Her carcass is firm and firm. If the fish is fresh, there should be no trace left of the finger.
- Pay attention to fish eyes. If they are bright and clean, then the product is of high quality. Turbidity and yellowness indicate a stale product, such fish is unfit for consumption.
- Look at the gills. They should be bright red or pink. Gray or white shades of gills are inherent stale product.
- In fresh river fish, as well as in marine life, the scales are resilient, elastic and shiny, snug against the body. Therefore, you need to pay attention to this sign of freshness.
- On the counter, where the goods are, there should be no bruising and unnecessary liquid.
How to store fresh fish in the refrigerator:
- Pre-gut and clean the fish from the gills and scales, cut off the head.
- Rinse the carcass from both sides and clean the liquid by soaking with paper towels.
- In the refrigerator must be installed the correcttemperature regime. The optimum temperature is from -3 to 0. In this temperature range, the fish is stored for 2 days. In conventional refrigerators, the product will remain usable throughout the day, that is, it must be cooked within 24 hours of purchase.
- Store in a sealed container so that other products are not soaked with a fishy smell. Polyethylene bags are not suitable for storing the product.
To increase the shelf life, you can slightly add fish or pour lemon juice. Unrefined fish should not be stored in the refrigerator.