Is it possible to freeze fresh fish with guts
Many of us like fish, but the difficulties with cutting and the short shelf life are often repelled from its purchase.
That's what the professionals advise to keep the fish fresh and enjoy fish delicacies at least every night. And yet it looks like a stale fish, which sells dishonest sellers.
It is not necessary to store fresh fish for a long time in a plastic bag, it will quickly suffocate and become foul. It is best to store waxed paper for storage, but not a newspaper.
The fish does not spoil more than the head, but in general, withintestines. Before removing the whole fish into the refrigerator, it must be gutted and the gills removed. In order not to bother with the purchase, you can ask to separate it in the store.
Just gutted fish need to be washedwater to remove dirt. Then wipe it off from all sides to remove all excess moisture. The less moisture remains, the longer the fish will remain when frozen.
Fish should be stored in the coldest place. Pointers on the refrigerator will tell where it is. In most refrigerators this is the upper shelf.
It is recommended to store fish at a temperature of 0° C to 3 ° C. But usually the temperature in the refrigerator is about 5 ° C. In such cases, the ice will help. It is necessary to fill the fish with ice from above and below. But it's important to make sure that the ice does not melt - the fish will quickly deteriorate in water.
Salt and lemon are also excellent natural preservatives. Having spiced the fish or sprinkled with lemon juice, you can keep it fresh, make the meat juicy, and taste - refined.
Another product that can keep fish longer is vegetable oil. It inhibits the development of microorganisms. Take vegetable oil without a smell and oil the fish from all sides.
Before sending the fish to the freezer, there will beit is correct to first cool it in the refrigerator in a sealed pouch. The secret of good frost in uniformity. Small pieces are frozen more evenly than large ones.
And yet, do not buy fresh fish toindependently it to freeze. If this is not done correctly, it is possible to break the cellular structure and dry it. It is better to buy frozen immediately. Industrial freezers in this regard are better than domestic ones.
All of the above tips will not help much, if you initially get stale fish. Take a good look at it before buying. Signs of poor-quality fish:
- A strong fish or ammonia smell is paradoxical, but fresh fish almost do not smell of fish.
- Eyes are noticeably sunk, clouded, they have acquired a gray color.
- Gills have a dirty gray, brown, yellowish tint or pale color. Perhaps covered with mucus.
- Scales are dull, crumbling and easily separated from the carcass.
- Abdomen swollen.
- Meat is easily separated from the skeleton
- On carcass with a slight pressure, dents remain, which are not smoothed out for a long time.
- The carcass itself is very sticky, fish mucus is collected in clots.
- Fillet with torn edges, opaque, with spots or bruises.
- The tail of the frozen fish is bent upwards or looks dried up.
- Frozen fish ripped, crumpled or lost shape.