Is it possible to freeze fish that is not cleaned and unread
Signs of freshness of fish:
- clean and not particularly strong smell, despite the fact that each type of fish to some extent its specific smell;
- light and slightly bulging eyes;
- meat-elastic to the touch; when pressing on it there is no dent; meat well holds on the spine;
- bright color and shiny scales; powerThe brightness of the coloration depends to a large extent on the duration of the fish storage, and also whether it was stored wet or dry; when frozen, the color of the fish dims;
- a uniform layer of mucus covering the entire skin. It is necessary to check the walls of the abdominal cavity and the intestines of the unbred fish, as well as the scales and color of the meat in the spine area - are there any signs of spoilage.
- the smell of fish becomes stronger and more unpleasant;
- eyes become cloudy and sunken, gray in color. The degree of turbidity in the eyes shows the stage of spoilage of the fish;
- the elasticity of the meat of fish gradually disappears, and when pressed, a slowly disappearing trace remains. Meat from the spine is separated;
- bright color fades, especially in lake fish;
- the mucous layer swells, collects into clots and becomes sticky;
- the natural color of the walls of the abdominal cavity disappears, the interior smells bad, scales easily separate, and the meat in the spine can become reddish.
- Use clean containers; The fish should not come in contact with fuel and lubricants, various oils, spoiled fish and spoiled food.
- When cutting fish, try not to damagemeat, because through the damaged areas it is easily penetrated by bacteria; The skin of the fish and the surface of the peritoneum form a protective shell. Carcase the fish twice washed. Carefully remove the parched blood under the spine, as it gives an unpleasant aftertaste and contributes to the spoilage of the fish.
- Do not follow after evisceration and rinsingto cut fish into small pieces or fillets (this is the case if you do not immediately start cooking fish), but rather leave the whole. As a result of the premature cutting of fish, there will be more unprotected meat, easily exposed to infection by bacteria and spoilage.
- For washing fish, you must necessarily cleanwater, better flowing. Do not keep the fish in the water for a long time, as some of the nutrients in the water dissolve and the fish become less tasty. But, on the other hand, it is advisable to thoroughly and longer wash the fish, thereby reducing the risk of its damage.
- If it's very hot and bringing the fish home aliveit is unlikely that in order to avoid spoilage it is necessary to shift the fish with leaves of bird cherry, alder, oak, wild currant. You can use and nettles (preferably it should also be placed in the gills and mouth of fish), young sedge or leaves of reeds. Two or three cloves of garlic will also contribute to its preservation. You can take the fish and in a bucket of salted water (1 glass of salt per bucket). Caught fish immediately put into the solution. For a day it does not salivate, but it will not spoil. At home before cooking or roasting it is washed lightly.
For example, catfish, carp, crucian carp, lin canbring home alive even with a long journey. The fish are rearranged with grass in a box with holes. The gill covers should be cleaned from mud and mucus, under each one you can put an apple slice.