Can I salt frozen fish coho at home
The most delicious salted fish is home salted. Such pieces will look great on a festive table as a slicing or addition to cold appetizers. They will enrich even modest treats and make the celebration richer. So, you will learn how to salt coho, what preparatory work should be done and how to choose the method of salting. And also get acquainted with the recipes of salted red fish.
How to salt coho and start with it. What is this fish? This species belongs to the marine family of salmon with a pulp of a reddish hue. The coho is distinguished from other relatives by the color of scales. It has a silvery hue, from a distance it seems whitish.
In the retail network, it is sold mostly pre-packaged, so it takes a long time to prepare it with its preparation.
Before you salt the coho at home, think about what pieces of fish you will cut. For example:
- fillet - with bones from the ribs and skin;
- fillet - boneless, but with skin;
- pure fillet - without bones and skin;
- steaks or halves of them.
Although the latter (steaks) is often used specifically for the heat treatment of fish (frying, pripuskanie), still and so you can salt it.
First of all, it is necessary to thaw fish, if itfrozen. It is best to do this at room temperature - place the carcass in a basin or a clean sink for 6-10 hours or on the bottom shelf in the refrigerator (from about 1-1.5 days). This method is long, but leaves in the flesh of the fish all the useful and nutritious substances. If you are in a hurry, fill the coho with cold water. The time to thaw will be half as much, but some of the vitamins and trace elements from the upper layers of the pulp will pass into the liquid.
To cut a divided coho on fillets of various types, follow the step-by-step recommendations:
- Rinse the carcass of fish under cold water, clean from scales, remove the dark film from the abdomen.
- Cut the carcass with a paper towel - do not use ordinary napkins, they are thin and will stick to the pulp.
- Prepare a clean and dry cutting board, and under it put a piece of paper towel, so it will not slide on the table.
- Put the fish on the board.
- Make even cuts on the back of the carcass, bypassing the large fin.
- Hold the tail and get a sharp knife under the flesh of the fish on the spine next to it. The knife blade should fit under the previously made incision near the dorsal fin.
- Cut the fillets (with bones from the ribs and skin), following exactly along the bones.
- Then turn the fish over and cut the second fillet in the same way. It can already be used and left in this form.
- You can cut the costal knife with a knife, picking them at the base. Get fillets on the skin.
- Next, remove the skin and remove small pits with kitchen tweezers - you are ready to clean the fillets without skin and bones.
After cutting the fish on a clean fillet in the pulpthere are small bones that are attached to small cartilaginous fragments. Pull them out very simply with tweezers. Accelerated salting will be obtained if the clean fillet is also cut into slices or slices. The mixture for salting will quickly absorb into the pulp. This will take about 2-3 hours. This is an ideal option for those who have guests on the doorstep. To make steaks, the fish should be rinsed and drained, and then cut the carcass across the fibers into pieces from 2 to 3 cm in thickness.
It is important that the container in which the fish will be stored in the mixture for salting is not iron or aluminum. The taste of such a dish will irreparably spoil - there will be a pronounced "iron" taste.
It is better to take something from this:
- Plastic container;
- glass jar;
- plastic bag.
The basis of cooking red fish at homeSalting is a brine or a spicy mixture. To make the pickle, combine boiled water with salt and sugar. Add a pea of sweet or black pepper, if desired, a little citrus juice. Be sure to taste the brine - it should not be too salty or sour. Lay the pieces of fish (preferably in the skin) in liquid so that it barely covers the meat. Leave in a closed container for pickling. The holding time depends on the weight of the fish and the weight of each piece. Small slices are prepared much faster than large fragments.
To use a dry method of salting withspices take a large salt of the variety "Extra" (it fits as well as possible), a little sugar (salt and sugar ratio - 3: 1), spices and seasonings to taste. The fish is wiped off with a dry mixture and placed in a plastic bag or jar, closed and left for a period of 1 to 5 days, depending on the size of the piece.
How to salt coho at home with spices and seasonings? You just need to choose them correctly. The taste of spices should not interrupt the taste and aroma of the fish itself. So, these options are suitable:
- pea pepper (black, fragrant);
- laurelka (quality sheets of gray or greenish-gray color);
- inflorescence of a carnation;
- grain mustard;
- berries of juniper or barberry (they must first be suppressed in a mortar to get a fragrant juice);
- greens or a dried mixture of dill (greens or seeds).
It also uses sliced onions,garlic or horseradish leaves. To taste it is added table vinegar, lemon (or orange juice) or white table wine. Overdoing with such flavoring components is also not worth it. It is enough a few (3-4) pinch of ground mixture of 2-3 kinds of seasonings, so that at home (see the recipe below) salt coho. If you decide to choose a special shopping mix "For fish", be prepared to change the color of the flesh of the carcass. It's about some spices that give the fish a greenish tinge. However, it does not become spoiled, but the appearance suffers a little.
How to salt red fish coho with oil, knows notevery housewife. However, it is very simple. Vegetable (sunflower, olive or sesame) oil is used to give the fish pulp a juiciness and softness. Without the addition of oil, the salted fish is a little dry, but if you intend to use it for cooking snacks, this is the very thing:
- Pieces of fish pour a mixture of salt and sugar (ratio of loose mixture - 3: 1);
- close tightly;
- leave it overnight.
A well-salted fish will turn out, and if the timereduce to several hours, will leave a low-salted product. If desired, cooked in such a dry way, slices or slices can be smeared with vegetable oil and served to a table with thin rings of sweet onions (red, shallot or white). Now let's figure out how to salted coho salmon at home.
In addition to the usual mixture of salt with sugar, other options are available:
- large salt - 3 tsp;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- olive oil - 3-4 tbsp. l. (or other vegetable);
- ground pepper - 1/3 tsp.
With wine and honey:
- salt "Extra" - 3 tbsp. l .;
- natural flower honey - 1.5 tbsp. l .;
- white table wine - 100 ml;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- mixture of spices - 1 tbsp. l.
- orange juice from fresh fruits - 100 ml;
- inflorescence of a carnation - 3-4 pieces;
- a large salt - 3 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- mustard grains - 1 tsp;
- berries of juniper - 20 pieces.
Citrus juice is an acid that not onlysignificantly accelerates the ambassador, but also enriches the dish with aroma and ascorbic (vitamin C). Suitable freshly squeezed juice from mandarin, orange, lemon or kumquat. Consider these mix varieties for salting, and it will be easier for you to answer the question of how to salt the coho salmon at home. The recipe will always be at hand.
Before you salt the coho in soy sauce, remember that it is already salty. That is, the usual salt in the recipe is used less, otherwise the taste of the ready dish will deteriorate.
What ingredients are needed:
- cut and chopped pieces of fish (coho) - 1 kg;
- salt "Extra" - 3 tbsp. l .;
- granulated sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- pepper peas - 3-4 pcs .;
- laurel - 1 pc .;
- soy sauce - 3-4 tbsp. l .;
- citrus juice (lemon) freshly squeezed - 50 ml.
If desired, you can add to this list thin rings of onions - 30-50 g.
How to salt a coho salmon:
- Spend the thawing of frozen fish, and then pre-process it - cleaning, cutting, slicing (see recommendations above).
- In one container put sugar, salt, pepper in peas and laurel. Remember a little or hang a mass. Add soy sauce and half a lemon juice of medium size.
- Scrub fish pieces with the prepared mixture and close in a sealed container. Leave at room temperature for a little less than an hour. Then put it in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
If it happened that you overdid it with salt,it can be fixed. Place the fish in cold water with boiled (in water without salt) rice for half an hour or an hour. Try it - the taste will change for the better.
After you have finished salting the coho, you shouldPack the pieces in a sealed container. This can be a bag with a zipper, a can with a silicone lid or a special container. Now you know how to salted coho salmon at home. The recipe is very simple and does not take much time. The main thing is to keep the fish in the refrigerator for impregnation with a saline mixture. It is important that the recipes for pickling and salting fish in this article are universal, they are suitable not only for Coho salmon, but also for another red fish: