Is it possible to freeze salted salmon fish
Any fish, including salmon, needsalways store in the refrigerator. The shelf in this case does not really matter, but it is better to place the fish as high as possible. The lower compartments of refrigerators are intended, as a rule, for storing fruits and foods that require higher temperature regimes. If you store salmon in inappropriate conditions, then the surface of the fish will quickly become weatherproof, and its taste will begin to deteriorate at a rapid rate.
Nuances of storing salmon at home:
- if the cooled salmon was bought in a sealed package, then the fish should not be removed from it during the entire shelf life;
- if the cooled salmon is not intended to be eaten for several days, it is better to immediately freeze the fish (if the salmon is bought in the package, then it can be frozen in it);
- frozen salmon after the purchase should be either defrosted and immediately cooked, or placed in the freezer (even a partial defrosting of the frozen product is best avoided);
- freeze only fish without the slightestsigns of depravity (if an unpleasant smell has appeared during storage or the fish has deteriorated, its freezing will not only not fix the situation, but will also worsen significantly);
- It is only necessary to store salmon in the refrigeratorcovered state (if the fish is opened, it can absorb the smell of other foods or spoil the taste of other dishes that are with it in the immediate vicinity);
- Chilled salmon should be wrapped in foil (if the fish was bought in the package, then this method can not be used, it is better to leave the container unopened);
- smoked or salted salmon should be stored in a refrigerator in a container or covered with a bowl (if the fish was removed from the factory packaging);
- Chilled salmon can be sprinkled with lemon juice or put a cut lemon next to the fish (the citrus will preserve the aroma and juiciness of the fish);
- Thawed salmon should be eaten as quickly as possible;
- - Chilled salmon will be better preserved if placed on an ice layer (the stock should be stored in a refrigerator in the coolest zones, and the ice periodically has to be changed);
- cloth, moistened in vinegar, can extend the shelf life of salmon (the fish should be simply covered with a damp cloth for a while, so that the vinegar does not have time to soak the salmon)
- do not store a number of cooled salmon and cooked fish (both products may deteriorate in the shortest time or break their taste characteristics).
Storage temperature of frozen salmon shouldbe in the range of -18 to -20 degrees. In such conditions, the fish will remain fresh for 3-4 months. Defrosting and repeated freezing of the product during its storage should not be allowed. Otherwise, the structure of meat and the taste of salmon will be violated, and its consumption in food will become hazardous to health.
In the refrigerator (on the upper shelves) salmon canstored for a maximum of 5-6 days. It is recommended to use fish earlier than the specified time. The longer the salmon is stored, the more its flavor characteristics change. An exception is the fish, which they salted independently. In this case, there are nuances of storage, and eating.
If the salmon is bought in salted or smokedthe unopened packaging can be stored in the refrigerator until the expiration date. If the container is open, salmon should be eaten for a maximum of 10 days. If the fish has soloed independently, the key role is played by the chosen technique and recommendations relating to each specific method. On average salted salmon can lie in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.