Can I freeze pea puree
Despite the fact that on the shelves of shopsthere was a lot of canned products from green peas, the hostesses increasingly prefer green peas frozen. After all, it is in the frozen peas that all useful substances remain completely.
- In green peas there are vitamins C, B, folic acid, iron, iodine, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium.
- Green peas contain choline, methionine, lecithin, which are responsible for fat metabolism.
- In peas a lot of protein, carbohydrates, in particular starch.
- In green peas, there is an inositol that is useful for good heart work.
- Peas are recommended for eating as a preventive agent for anemia, atherosclerosis, goiter.
To freeze green peas, well-formed pods of green color are suitable, whole, without signs of damage with tender fleshy peas.
Since the green peas quickly loses an attractive appearance and wrinkles, it needs to be processed as quickly as possible.
- Pods of green peas bulbs. Peas are sorted out, removing yellow, unformed, wrinkled, sick.
- As soon as the first batch of peas is prepared, it is put in a colander and washed in cold water.
- To peas during the freezing did not darken andkept the green color, it is put in small batches in a colander and dipped in boiling water, blanching two minutes. Then immediately cool in cold water.
- Prepared peas are laid out on clean towels and dried, soaking and topping with paper towels.
- To green peas during freezing is notformed one big lump, it should be scattered a thin layer on the tray and put in the freezer until hardening. While the peas are frozen, the next batch is prepared.
- Frozen peas poured into small bagsor in plastic containers and put into a freezer. Do not forget to sign the date of the freeze, since the green peas are stored in the frozen state for about eight months.
This method of freezing is suitable in the event that the peas slightly overripe. This method helps to improve its taste.
This option is a little easier.
- Pods of green peas are washed in running water, put on clean towels and dried.
- Then the pods peeled, along with culling small,Formless and wrinkled peas. Since the pods are already clean, peas do not need to be washed. Also, peas do not require drying, so the harvesting time is reduced by half.
- Green peas are packaged in foodpolyethylene bags, give them a flat rectangular shape, letting out as much air as possible, tie it well and put it in the freezer for storage and freezing.
Green peas can also be packaged inplastic containers with well-closed lids and in this form to freeze. This method is suitable if the peas are soft, juicy, tender, sweet and not rough.
Young pods of green peas of sugar varietiescan be frozen entirely. This method is suitable in the event that the pod has not yet matured completely, it contains small peas of milk maturity, and the valves themselves are soft and tender. Preference for sugar varieties is given and because such pods on the inside of the leaves do not have a parchment-shaped film. Such immature blades are used to make soups, salads and second courses.
- Pods of green peas wash, remove the damaged, yellowed and sick.
- Then the pods are cut from both sides of the tail. If desired, the pods can be cut into two or three pieces.
- Prepared pods are placed in small batches in a colander, lowered into boiling water and blanched for 2-3 minutes. Then immediately lower them into cold water for rapid cooling.
- After that, spread the pods on a towel to drain the water and leave for a while to dry.
- The dried pods are packed in plastic containers or in small plastic bags and put into a freezer for later storage.
Such frozen peas can be stored in the freezer until the next harvest.
To make soups, green peas and pods, without defrosting, are lowered into boiling water or broth and boiled for 3-5 minutes.
If peas are needed fresh, then it is thawed naturally, by shifting the green peas package from the freezer to the refrigerator.