Is it possible to freeze a cake with a mirror glaze
Mirror cake on the Internet made simplyhuge BOOM! A separate "thank you" for this trend in the confectionery world should be told Olga Noskova, a confectioner from Ufa. Mirror glaze looks perfect on cakes, creating perfect outlines and attracting people's looks.
Mirror cake becomes so thanks toa special kind of glaze - a mirror. Otherwise, the mirror glaze is also called glossing. Prepare mirror glaze is very simple, although at first glance you can not say
Here are some tricks that will help you make the perfect mirror cake:
1. Mirror glaze is good only for completely frozen cakes (the cake should be cleaned in the freezer for 3-4 hours, and best of all for the whole night), otherwise it can become covered with bubbles.
2. On the mirror cake is best to use sheet gelatin, it is he gives a glossy reflection on the mirror glaze.
3. Make a mirror cake can be made from almost any cake, it is important only to cover it with a layer of white chocolate or white glaze before applying a mirror.
4. To increase the brightness of the mirror glaze before staining, first paint it in white, then the shades on the mirror cake turn out to be saturated.
5. A mandatory step is to filter the glaze through a sieve, after whipping, so we will get rid of excess bubbles after the submerged blender.
6. The finished mirror glaze is covered with a food film directly "to the end" of the glaze, and not over it. This procedure is done so that excess air does not get between the food film and the glaze.
7. Work with mirror glaze can only be done when it has reached 35C. To begin earlier not to cost, it is necessary to give time that mirror glaze has cooled down.
8.Mirror glaze is stored in the refrigerator for two to three weeks, during this time nothing will happen to it. The necessary amount of glaze is measured, heated in a microwave or in a water bath.
I.Before staining the cake with glaze, place it on a metal grill, and place the tray under the grate itself, so that the excess glaze will flow there. The remaining glaze can be used again, only when it is 35C.
10. If you want to make a gradient pattern on a mirror cake, then apply different glaze colors at once. If you want beads of stripes, you need to wait for the first layer to dry up a little.
11. If you read this article is not on the site tasty recipes, it means it was brazenly stolen, without even reading it, so visit us, we will be very glad to see you.
12. Leave the mirror cake to stand for 10-15 minutes, so that the glaze "grabbed". You can slightly trim the bottom of the cake with a spatula or confectioner's spatula, so that there are even edges.
13. It is not possible to replace gelatin with agar-agar. Of course, you can try, but you will not see the mirror on the mirror cake, the composition of gelatin and agar-agar is different, pay attention to it.
Mirror cake and mirror glaze
Ingredients for a mirror cake with a diameter of 22-25 cm:
For cakes on a mirror cake:
You can use sponge cakes or any other cakes that you like (recipes of all cakes here)
It is best to make mousse cakes alternately with sand layers in large silicone baking molds
A prerequisite is that the cakes must be well chilled before pouring a mirror glaze
Filling on a mirror cake:
Choose what you like: a chocolate layer, strawberry, raspberry or any other stuffing, banana, etc.
To choose any stuffing it is possible at us on a site in section recipes -> cakes or under the link here.
For the main glaze on the mirror cake:
This glaze is made to make the mirror glaze better. The main glaze can be based on chocolate, Swiss meringue, butter and egg whites.
It is important that the main frosting is necessarily white. View different types of glaze and choose the recipe of the one that you like here.
For a mirror glaze on a mirror cake (mirror glaze on a cake 22-25 cm):
Glucose or corn syrup (necessarily thick!) - 300 g
Clean filtered water - 150 ml
Condensed milk (condensed milk) - 200 g
White chocolate - 300 g
Leaf gelatin - 20 g
White food color - 1-2 tsp.
Colored food colors as needed
Method of preparation: mirror cake and mirror glaze
1. We prepare cakes for a mirror cake. For cakes on a mirror cake, you can take both biscuit cakes, and a mousse base with layers of cookies. The base should be made in silicone for baking. In a large form is filled with mousse, for example strawberry or banana on 1/4 part. Next, lay out the cookies, then again the mousse and again the layer of cookies. Mousse cakes can be found on our website.
2. We make the filling and the main icing on the mirror cake. After you have made cakes or a mousse base, prepare the filling for the cake and the cream. Next, we collect the cake and completely cover it with the basic glaze. Be sure the main glaze should be white. We remove the cake in the freezer for 3-4 hours, and it is best for the whole night.
3. We prepare the mirror glaze (gloss) on the mirror cake. In a medium saucepan with clean drinking water, soak gelatin sheets (20 g), according to the instructions on the package. You can also use powdered gelatin, but then you can not get a glossy gleam.
4. In another saucepan pour out the sugar and pour water (150 ml). Slightly mix a whisk or a silicone spatula to make the sugar dissolve. If you read this recipe is not on the site of tasty recipes, it means it was brazenly stolen, not even read. Add glucose or corn syrup, mix until homogeneous.
5. We put the previous mass on the middle fire of the plate, stir occasionally, so that the sugar continues to dissolve. Once the sugar has completely dissolved, it is no longer necessary to interfere. We leave the sugar syrup on the stove to make it boil. Once the syrup boils, immediately remove it from the plate and turn off the fire. Boil the sugar syrup is not necessary, the approximate temperature is about 103C.
6. In a large bowl, pour condensed milk and break the white chocolate into slices. In the condensed milk we add chocolate segments, pour in gradually hot sugar syrup and stir with a silicone spatula until uniform.
7. Once you add all the sugar syrup and you have a homogeneous mass, you can safely add the pressed gelatin. Again, everything is mixed with a spatula or a tablespoon. Next, using a submerged blender under an incline, we begin to mix the mass so that it becomes homogeneous.
8. In the resulting homogeneous mass, add a white food color, about 1-2 tsp, again mix everything with a submerged blender. If you use a dry white food color, and not gel, then it must be pre-soaked.
9. Ready to uniform glaze white glaze through a small sieve to remove all the excess vesicles that formed during whipping with a blender. We cover the white icing "back-to-back" with a food film, and not from above, so as not to create excess air between the film and the glaze.
10. You can start working with mirror glaze only at a temperature of 36 ° C. Stain the glaze in the colors you need with food colors. You can do this in different containers, if you need pure colors of mirror glaze or in one, if you want the effect of ombre on a mirror cake.
eleven. We construct a small structure and put a well-frozen cake on a metal grill, and put a tray under it so that the mirror glaze will flow exactly there. Water the cake with a mirror glaze. Create new colors if necessary adding a new color.
12. Leave the mirror cake to dry for 10-15 minutes. Next, we clean the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, so that the mirror glaze is well frozen. Remains of mirror glaze can be cleaned in the refrigerator and saved for other culinary delights!
Mirror cake and mirror glaze. Ideas and decoration options.
Mirror cake is decorated with sandy crumbs from below, a mirror glaze of beautiful bright turquoise color. The cake is supplemented with fresh berries of red currant, strawberries and fruit slices.
Mirror cake in the style of "minimalism", mirror glaze is used in two colors: dark blue and turquoise. It is decorated with a small amount of raspberries and blueberries.
Mirror cake in the style of "ombre", mirror glaze of three colors: purple, fuchsia and white. Decorated with confectionery powder and edible flowers.
Figured mirror cake, decorated with berries, mirror glaze of the same color - violet. This form was achieved due to the silicone form for baking.
(Mirror cake and mirror glaze)
Cosmic mirror cake, decorated with edible sparkles, mirror glaze of several colors. On this cake you can see beautiful gradients.
(Mirror cake and mirror glaze)
Mirror cake in the form of a donut. Mirror glaze on the cake is made in lilac color, the bottom is decorated with sand crumbs, and the top of the blackberry berry.
(Mirror cake and mirror glaze)
Mirror cake and chocolate mirror glaze. The cake is decorated with feathers of white chocolate, inside chocolate mousse and banana filling.
(Mirror cake and mirror glaze)
Three-layer mousse cake, the top is decorated with a chocolate ball. Mirror glaze of bard color. One of the most complex mirror cakes.
If you liked the article: mirror cake and mirror glaze, then be sure to share it with your friends and acquaintances in your social networks, with the help of buttons from the bottom, we will be very pleased!
You may also like our other delicious recipes of cake mousse:
CAKE WITH RASPBERRY MUSSEL WITHOUT BAKING
BANANE CAKE-ICE-CREAM WITH MUSS AND WHIPPED CREAM
CAKE WITH TENDER MUSSEL, ORANGE JELLY AND MARMALADS