How to freeze oysters
In the article we discuss oysters. Tell us how useful oysters are and how they eat, whether there is harm from their use. You will learn about the caloric content of the product, how to cook oysters correctly.
Oysters are representatives of the family of marine bivalve mollusks, which have a characteristic asymmetric shell of irregular shape. They are found in warm seas.
The size of the oysters is different: the giant oyster can reach a length of about 40 cm, but European species, as a rule, have a shell with a length of 8 to 12 cm. Now about 50 kinds of oysters are known.
In composition and appearance to oysters are closemussels. But the latter have a simpler and coarse taste. These products are not interchangeable, their differences are in the way of life and methods of movement. Mussels do not eat raw, in contrast to oysters, and inside they contain a lot of sand.
Meat of oysters is a high-nutritious and high-quality product, which by these parameters surpasses even the fish. The composition includes:
- a lot of protein;
- vitamin A - positively affects vision, normalizes metabolism, is effective in healing wounds, treats skin diseases;
- vitamins of group B - normalize the activity of the kidneys, nervous and cardiovascular systems, protects the body from pellagra, reduces the amount of "bad" cholesterol;
- vitamin C - increases the activity of the endocrine glands, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, has antioxidant properties, increases immunity, improves overall health;
- vitamin D - strengthens bone and dental tissues, increases immunity, increases the production of testosterone, protects against deformation of the skeleton and prevents the development of rickets;
- nicotinic acid - activates regenerative processes, supports the work of the heart, liver and kidneys;
- manganese - participates in the synthesis of neurotransmitters, affects the growth and development of bone tissue, prevents the development of diabetes mellitus;
- zinc - strengthens the immune system, helps build muscle mass, is important for the proper formation of the fetus;
- iodine - increases oxygen consumption of tissues;
- phosphorus - takes part in the synthesis of protein, maintains healthy bone and dental tissues;
- chrome - maintains a normal balance of glucose in the blood serum, takes part in the synthesis of nucleic acids, reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases;
- cobalt - is involved in the formation of thyroid hormones, increases the absorption of iron, increases the activity of leukocytes;
- fluorine - strengthens bone tissue, prevents the development of caries, and participates in hematopoiesis.
Caloric content of oysters is about 60 Kcal per 100 g of product.
A rich chemical composition providingoysters such excellent taste and aroma, has a calming effect on the nervous system. And the vitamins and minerals present in the composition completely fill the daily requirement of the organism for these elements. Oysters are ideal seafood, which will suit people caring about their health and appearance.
The presence of zinc in the producta positive effect on the hair, nails and skin. This element is also useful for men, because it improves reproductive function and increases libido, which is also beneficial for women.
The systematic use of oysters improves the emotional state, eliminates irritability and cellulite!
Despite the enormous benefits for the body, inIn some cases, consumption of oysters can greatly damage. This delicacy should only be eaten fresh, otherwise the probability of food poisoning is high.
You can not consume these seafood to pregnant and lactating women, as well as people with diseases of the digestive tract and spleen, since complications are likely to occur.
When eating molluscus, carefully examine it to make sure that there are no fragments from the shell. Otherwise, the risk of damage to the mucosa of the digestive tract is increased.
Now it's time to talk about how to eatoysters. To maximize the benefits of the product, eat oysters in raw form. The dish is served on pieces of ice and sprinkle the seafood with lemon juice - this option is considered classic. If desired, season the oyster with black pepper or dip it into a special vinegar sauce.
In the restaurant, oysters are served open with a special oyster fork with 2 teeth. And this option is considered ideal, especially if you are just getting started with this dish.
How to open oysters at home? To do this, you will need a special knife with a short blade and a protective device on the handle that will protect your hand from damage from the sharp edges of the shells.
If you do not have such a knife, then use an ordinary knife with a short blade. And then proceed according to the instructions below:
- In cold water, rinse seafood, then remove the remains of sand from it.
- Oyster wrap in a towel so as not to get hurt.
- Put the product on the table with the lid up, then press it with your hand.
- Insert the tip of the knife between the shells of the shells, and then start making slow rotational movements until you hear a characteristic sound.
- Draw a knife along the entire length of the gap between the leaflets.
- Cut the oyster muscle holding the shutters in the closed position. At the same time, press the knife from the inside to the upper leaf to avoid damaging the body of the mollusk.
- Carefully open the sink so that the juice does not pour out, then remove the upper sash.
- Knife under the body of a clam to cut the lower muscle with which the oyster is attached to the sink.
Oysters can be used not only in freshform, but also boil, bake, fry and even cook in batter. Fresh oysters you can buy throughout the year in specialized stores. Here only gourmets recommend to use them in the winter and in the autumn, because at this time they are more delicious.
Remember, if at the opening of the shell the oyster does not show signs of life, then it is strictly forbidden!
Frozen oysters cook immediately after defrosting. Cook them for no more than a minute. Of course, oysters in the boiled form lose most of their useful properties, but the taste still remains remarkable!
Below we will tell you about the most delicious recipe for oysters.
This dish is served only in expensive restaurants.
- oysters - 4 pieces (large);
- butter - 2.5 tbsp;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- bulb of shallots - 1 pc;
- green onions - 2-3 feathers;
- parsley - 50 g;
- spinach - 100 g;
- salt and white ground pepper - to taste;
- sauce Tabasco - 2 g;
- crushed crackers - 30 g;
- pineapple liquor - 3 ml.
- Wash, peel the oysters from the sand, then open them.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
- Lay the seafood on a baking sheet.
- Finely chop the greens and garlic. Melt the butter in a frying pan, pour the cut greens with garlic. Stroke, stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 3 more minutes.
- The resulting composition is evenly distributed between and over the oysters.
- Put the baking tray for 10 minutes in the oven, then remove it and immediately serve the dish on the table.
If you bought live oysters and in the processstorage part of them died, then they must necessarily be discarded. Such seafood can not be consumed, since they are capable of causing enormous harm to the body.
Storage of oysters at home is possible only if certain rules are observed:
- Store oysters only in the refrigerator. If they are alive, then examine them daily and remove the deceased.
- Save the juiciness of seafood will help ice. Sprinkle oysters with ice cubes and change it as it melts.
- When storing oysters with ice, place them in a colander so that the water drains into another container.
- Ice helps to preserve the taste of seafood, but does not extend their shelf life.
- When storing oysters in shells, place them so that the mollusks look up. Otherwise, the juiciness of seafood will decrease significantly.
- It is recommended to use a damp towel when storing seafood in the refrigerator. Cover the oysters with a damp towel.
- Place oysters closer to the freezer.
- You can store oysters in the freezer if you first pull the shellfish out of the sink.
- Defrost oysters in the refrigerator without adding water.
- Pasteurized or canned oysters should be stored as long as indicated on the package. After opening the package, the shelf life and storage time is reduced.
- Do not store live oysters in packages or sealed packages, as in this case they die.
- Live oysters keep only in the refrigerator, being in a room or freezer for them is fatal.
- Cooked oysters keep fresh for three days, after which the meat becomes tough and resembles rubber.
The shelf life of live oysters stored inrefrigerator and pouring ice, is a week. Also in this case, in addition, you should use a wet towel, otherwise the seafood will lose its juiciness.
The shelf life of oysters with an open shell on the top shelf of the refrigerator is 5-7 days. Thus the temperature should be from 1 to 4 degrees of heat.
Duration of storage of frozen oystersis 3-4 months, while the product can not be re-frozen. Defrosted oysters must be eaten! If the product is frozen again, the taste and consistency of the meat will change, and the seafood itself will be dangerous to your health.
Oysters in open cans should not last more than two days. When the packaging is closed, the storage time will be as indicated on the package.
If you purchased frozen oysters, then for further storage place them in the freezer or defrost in the refrigerator in case they decided to immediately eat them.
Margarita, 42 years old
Oysters are my favorite seafood. Sometimes I cook them at home, but more often I order together with my husband in a restaurant. I love them for white wine, although my husband assures me that they are much tastier with champagne. By the way, I noticed that after using oysters, my husband and I have a higher sex drive! So, oysters are the most powerful aphrodisiac.
In the autumn I often eat oysters. I do it for medicinal purposes, since these seafood are just a storehouse of vitamins. I noticed that after their use, my skin and hair condition improved.