Can I freeze potato cutlets
Potato cutlets - general principles and methods of preparation
Potato without exaggeration can be called a favoritea product in our country. There are several reasons for this popularity. It is relatively cheap, easy to grow and store, but, most importantly, it is possible to prepare a wide variety of hearty and delicious dishes from potatoes. Therefore, it occurs on our tables almost daily, in the form of mashed potatoes, fried or boiled whole potatoes, various soups. But there is another wonderful dish that can be cooked from this affordable vegetable. These are potato patties, which are essentially the same mashed potatoes, but decorated and served in their original form, with a crispy golden crust. Potato cutlets can be made with various fillings - meat, sausage, mushrooms, greens, cheese, cottage cheese and vegetables.
The principle of cooking potato cutlets is veryis simple. First, prepare the mashed potatoes, then, having molded the cutlets from it and breaded them in breadcrumbs or flour, fry them from both sides. In some recipes, eggs are added to the potato minced meat for cutlets, but in this process, each hostess can choose the right option for herself in the cooking process.
Ready cutlets are served with sour cream or varioussauces - tomato, sour cream, mushroom. Potato cutlets are also good because they can be harvested for future use: nalepiv, freeze and cook, when this will be the need.
To potato cutlets turned outreally tasty and lush, it is important to use quality potatoes. We all know that potatoes are different from potatoes. Practice shows that the best potato cutlets are obtained from potatoes with a pinkish skin. It is crumbly and tasty, so the cutlets from it turn out to be magnificent and very appetizing.
One more thing. In recipes, potato patties are usually fried in vegetable oil. However, for this you can use not only vegetable oil, but also pork, chicken or goose fat. The main thing is that the fat is large enough so that the patties can be well roasted and covered with a golden crust.
Potato cutlets - the best recipes
These cutlets are distinguished by the simplicity of cooking and the minimum set of necessary products, moreover, the most affordable. However, they turn out delicious and tender.
50 gr. vegetable oil;
oil for frying.
1. After cleaning the potatoes, boil it in slightly salted water until cooked.
2. After carefully pouring water from the pot and potatoes, put it on the fire for a few seconds so that the remaining liquid evaporates (this is important).
3. Adding vegetable oil to the boiled potatoes, knead it in puree and salt if necessary. Let's cool down.
5. From the cooled mashed potatoes with the shape of the cutlet and, after thoroughly wrapping them in flour, fry in a well-heated frying pan with vegetable oil. As soon as there is a ruddy crust - our potato cutlets are ready! We serve them with sour cream.
An excellent option for a simple family dinner,when there is neither time nor energy for large-scale cooking, and you really want to eat after a day's work. The task is all the more simplified, if already there is cooked mashed potatoes. Instead of salmon, you can add to the cutlet pieces of any white fish.
900 gr. potatoes;
30 gr. butter;
300 gr. salmon fillet;
to taste salt with pepper and parsley;
gt; oil for frying.
1. Clean and boil potatoes in slightly salted water, then add the butter and make the mashed potatoes. Cover the lid to prevent it from cooling down.
2. Gulf the salmon with water, cook on low heat for about 5 minutes. Then we spread the fish on a plate, let it cool for a few minutes and take our hands to pieces. Finely chop the greens of parsley.
3. Gently stir the pieces of salmon with the mashed potatoes, add to them parsley with salt and black pepper. Form the resulting mixture of round cutlets and roll them in flour.
4. Warming over medium heat in a frying pan, vegetable oil, fry our cutlets until golden brown. Serve with sour cream.
Very tasty and hearty cutlets, which are sure to please vegetarians and those who observe fasts. Although other lovers of delicious food, they will like it.
200 gr. champignons;
to taste pepper and salt;
gt; oil for frying.
1. After cleaning the potatoes, boil it until cooked in slightly salted water.
2. When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water and mash the potatoes in a mash. Let's cool a little, salt and pepper.
3. While the potatoes are cooling off, make the filling. After washing mushrooms and chopping them finely, fry in a frying pan with vegetable oil, stirring occasionally. At the end of frying, salt and pepper, then remove the frying pan from the fire and allow the mushrooms to cool.
4. Turn on the oven and start cooking our cutlets. Having formed a cake with wet hands, spread on it 1 tsp. mushrooms. Then, again with wet hands, put it together with stuffing with a filling in the palm of your hand and make an oval cutlet, so that the filling remains inside.
5. Lubricate the pan with vegetable oil. Then lay out on it our potato cutlets with mushrooms, pre-dumping each in breadcrumbs or flour.
6. We put a pan with our cutlets in the oven and bake them about 20 minutes until golden brown. We serve hot. To these potato cutlets with mushrooms is served adzhika or mushroom sauce.
Potato cutlets - useful advice of experienced cooks
If the mashed potatoes you cooked for cutlets turned out to be too liquid, do not worry. Add to it flour, so much so that from the received mass you could make a blind cutlet.
Starting to cook potato patties, take a lookin your fridge to find a suitable filling for them: the remnants of sausage, cheese, ham, mushrooms, meat and any other that will make your dish even more tasty and appetizing.