Is it possible to freeze sour cream and cottage cheese
To buy high-quality protein products inthe present time is not easy. Therefore, when there is an opportunity to buy good home-made milk or cottage cheese, I want to take more. But how to preserve the freshness of natural products? Can I freeze cottage cheese and other dairy products?
The question is relevant. Because the freeze will extend the shelf life of fresh home-made milk from 2 to 6 months. Perhaps, cottage cheese will also be stored longer and will not lose its nutritional value.
Useful tips for freezing dairy products
- For freezing, take fresh, immediately after the purchase of products.
- To pick up dense polyethylene packages that at storage they did not break and did not pass air. Weather-beaten products grow old, acquire an unpleasant taste and smell.
- Packets must be signed with a marker, which is stored and when sent for freezing.
- Plastic and glass bottles and containers to fill, not reaching the top 1,5-2cm, as the milk when frozen, increases in volume.
- After thawing, unused milk can not be frozen again, because its useful properties are lost.
It turns out that you can freeze cottage cheese so that itlonger retained its excellent qualities. A fresh sour-milk product, exudes a pleasant smell. Soft, white, with a cream shade, he asks for the table. But if the cottage cheese has lain in the refrigerator for about 24 hours, it should be consumed only after heat treatment. That is, use it for cooking casseroles, dumplings, cheese cakes and other dishes. But that on the table was always fresh cottage cheese, it is better to freeze it correctly.
- Fresh cottage cheese without frost should be stored on the top shelf of the refrigerator at a temperature of + 7-8 degrees not more than 2 days. Then, in order to avoid damage to the product, it can be frozen.
- For freezing it is necessary to divide into portions necessary for the preparation of the intended dishes.
- Pack in tight bags, sign.
- Store at a temperature of -18 degrees for not more than a month. With this storage, the curd does not lose its flavor and retains its aroma.
In the diet of most families, most oftencow's milk is used. Frozen in an industrial way, it persists for a long time. Any hostess wondering whether it is possible to freeze cow's milk at home.
Goat's milk is considered more useful. If they bought it, they try to save it for children. Therefore, parents are not indifferent to the question of how best to freeze goat milk, so that it does not lose its natural properties.
It turns out that cow milk and goat in the freezer is kept remarkably.
- For freezing, cow's milk can be taken raw or chilled boiled, and goat must be frozen only raw to maximize its usefulness for 2 months.
- The best temperature for freezing is from -20 to -25 degrees. A higher temperature, prolonging the period of freezing, leads to the loss of vitamins and trace elements.
- The answer to the question whether it is possible to freeze sour cream,will be positive, as it is perfectly preserved in frozen form for six months. Put it in the freezer preferably in glass or ceramic dishes.
Freezing quality milk, sour cream and cottage cheese, you can always feed seven different dishes from good foods, save time on their search, never worry that there is nothing to cook.