Is it possible to freeze a cake with a mirror glaze
Elegant in appearance, delicious and tender inside - this is only a brief description of the Mousse cake with a mirror glaze, which does not apply to easy baking recipes.
I want to introduce my recipe for beginnerswith video, how to cook a delicious Mousse cake with a mirror glaze. To prepare it you need to stock up with enough time and patience. But it's worth it.
A simple recipe for how to make a chocolate cake with a mirror glaze
Our cake will consist of the basics of brownie, white and blueberry mousse, and colored mirror glaze.
- one teaspoon baking powder;
- 50 of the vegetable oil;
- vanilla on the tip of the knife
- Melt butter and dissolve sugar in it.
- We drive in the egg, pour in vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Shake until white color and light foam.
- Mix the flour with cocoa and baking powder.
- Gradually spoon, add dry and egg mixture.
- Mix to homogeneous viscous state.
- We heat the oven up to 160 °.
- Pour the dough into a greased form (I have 21 centimeters).
- The furnace 25 minutes and check the degree of readiness with a wooden skewer or toothpick. If the biscuit is damp, we'll bake it for another 10 minutes.
- We put the finished cake on the grate and we cool it.
The basis can be a sand cake. You can bake it yourself or cook from sand cookies.
- To do this, we take the cookies and crushing his hands or a blender into a crumb.
- Beat soft butter and condensed milk.
- We connect the crumb and the cream.
- We form a dense cake, smaller by 2 cm from the diameter of the future cake.
- Sending in the freezer until completely freezing.
But while the biscuit is cooling down, let's prepare the mousse.
We will prepare it in two colors: white and blueberry. You can only make one color or replace blueberries with other berries.
Required product list:
- 20 g of powdered gelatin;
- 2 proteins;
- 120 ml. water;
- 240 g of soft fat cottage cheese;
- 200 ml. 33% cream;
- 1 1/2 tiles of white chocolate;
- 50 g of powdered sugar;
- vanilla on the tip of the knife.
- Fill the gelatin with water and leave to swell on 20 minutes.
- We put it on the steam bath and, heating it, completely dissolve it.
- Whisk the cream in a dense sustainable foam.
- Also we come with proteins, mixing them with sugar powder and vanilla.
- Melt chocolate with the addition of a couple of spoons of cream.
- Mix cottage cheese with gelatin and chocolate. Beat.
- We spread the cream on the curd-gelatinous paste.
- With a spatula, gently mix, homogeneous weight.
You can replace white chocolate with black. So it turns out chocolate mousse. It can be used in the Three Chocolate Cake.
- 20 g. Of gelatin;
- 50 g of sugar;
- 120 ml. water;
- 1 teaspoon with a slide of cornstarch;
- Melt gelatin in the same way as for white mousse.
- Blueberries crushing blender and rub through a sieve in puree without pits and peel.
- We rinse the yolks with sugar and starch up to white colors.
- We bring to boil cream.
- Pour into the yolks and mix.
- We put on a weak fire. Cook, stirring, until thickening.
- Whisk the cream.
- In the brewed mass pour gelatin and blueberry puree. Good whisk.
- Pour the cream to the cooled blueberry mass.
- All smoothly mix with a spatula.
It is better to prepare it immediately before use.
The composition of the glaze includes molasses or invert syrup. They are interchangeable. How to make such a syrup by myself, I'll tell you a little bit later.
- 100 g of condensed milk;
- 75 + 60 ml. water;
- 150 g of sugar;
- 150 g. Not porous white chocolate;
- 150 g of molasses / invert syrup;
- 10 g or 2 teaspoons without a slide of gelatin;
- food coloring (if necessary).
- Gelatin (I use powdered) pour water (60 ml) and leave for 20 minutes. Slightly warming, completely his dissolve.
- Water (75 ml) sugar and syrup are mixed. Bringing up to boiling. Crystals of sugar should disappear completely.
- Fill the sweet mass with chocolate and condensed milk, broken into pieces.
- We mix well until will melt chocolate.
- Add the syrup and dye (I take a gel and add it until I get the right color). It is possible without the dye. Then the glaze will be a gentle, translucent shade.
- Thoroughly mix (I do this with a submersible blender, tilting it slightly to one side).
- Filter through shallow sieve.
- We set aside the syrup so that it leaves excess air.
- If air bubbles or light foam appear on the surface, then it must be removed.
- We tightly put film on the glaze, protecting it from weathering, getting excess moisture and crumbs.
- When pouring the temperature should be 30 °.
- 3 tbsp. spoons of warm water;
- 1/4 teaspoons of citric acid;
- Pour into a thick bowl (I use aluminum) sugar and citric acid.
- Pour warm water, soaking it with sugar.
- We put on the very weak Fire. If there is a diffuser, then put a bowl on it. Cook, stirring, until light yellow shade and up to medium-sized bubbles.
- Cool the syrup roughly up to 70 °.
- Add the soda and beat well with a blender or mixer at full speed about three minutes.
- He begins to foam hard and will become white and matte. After cooling, the bubbles will leave and it will become a pleasant transparent yellow-straw color. Ready syrup for several hours stand in fridge.
Instead of colored glaze, you can make chocolate.
- 75 + 60 ml. water;
- 200 g of sugar;
- 2 tbsp. spoons without a roll of dry cocoa;
- 40 ml. (2 tablespoons) cream;
- 100 g of molasses / invert syrup;
- 10 g or 2 teaspoons of powdered gelatin;
- 1/4 of a tile of dark chocolate.
Prepare the gelatin and invert syrup, as indicated in the recipe for the preparation of colored glaze.
- Fill with gelatin and hot syrup, broken chocolate, add cocoa and cream.
- Stir until homogeneity blender.
- Several times we will knock the dishes with glaze on the table and spin it in different directions. So faster air bubbles will begin to escape.
- Cover with a film and cool it up to 37 °.
- If before pouring the finished cake glaze, it has cooled down more than necessary, warm it up either in a water bath or put it in a bowl with hot water.
This glaze can still be covered -Tort Bird's milk with gelatin- or -Tort Bird's milk is a classic recipe.
- Form with a diameter of 21 cm is set to ideally even surface. For this you can use a plastic board.
- Sides of form turn around strip of thin plastic, larger in height than the shape.
- We pour out the blueberry mousse and send it to the refrigerator for two hours, so that gelatin is frozen.
- On congealed first layer pour out the white mousse.
- We reduce the corn to two centimeter, cutting it in a circle (I do it using a lid from the pan).
- Put the biscuit over mousse and, lightly pressing, press it into the middle. You can leave a small part of the white mousse in order not to drown the cake, filling up the resulting void between it and the form.
- We put a minimum on three hours in the freezer until completely freezing.
This way you can make cakes of any shape.
- We obtain completely frozen cake.
- We release it from the form.
- We lay the biscuit part on lattice. Place a large dish or tray under the grate.
- We pour the icing on the surface of the cake, in a circular motion approaching the edges.
- Leave on 5 minutes in order to glaze the excess glaze.
- Carefully remove the drooping droplets from below and transfer the cake from the grill to the dish.
- The remaining glaze can be collected and kept in the refrigerator or to freeze.
- Cover unevennesses glaze at the bottom of the cake is possible with the help of a laid out cookie, fruit or patterns from the cream.
- We send the cake for several hours in the refrigerator.
The main decoration of the mousse cake is mirror surface by itself.
The cake can be filled with glaze of different colors, and the seam between them is masked with a cream pattern or beautifully laid out fruit and sprinkled with pastry beads.
In the same way, you can decorate a ready-made single-colored cake.
Learn more with the technology of the recipe Mousse cake with a mirror glaze you video will help: