Is it possible to freeze trout of weak salt
Trout, bought in any form should be stored infridge. If the fish is purchased in the frozen state, then it is recommended to place it in the freezer as quickly as possible, excluding defrosting or even partial thawing. Fish poisoning is the most dangerous, and with repeated freezing, taste properties are not only changing, but harmful bacteria are also rapidly multiplying.
- to store trout in a refrigerated state is better not only in the refrigerator, but also with the use of crushed ice (ice can be used from special molds or packages for freezers);
- to extend the shelf life of chilled trout,You can lightly coat its surface with a mixture of a weak solution of vinegar and vegetable oil (before use, the fish should be thoroughly rinsed, removing the residual oil);
- After several days of storing trout forlitter from the ice, on the surface of the fish may appear a kind of plaque (a sign of corruption, this is not, but the attack should be cut, and fish eat in the shortest possible time);
- if you place trout in marinade from vegetable oil and vinegar, the shelf life of the trout will increase by several days (you only need to store the workpiece in the refrigerator);
- in salted marinade trout also retains its freshness for a long period;
- in the freezer, trout is best stored in parchment paper or plastic bags (so the taste of the fish and the structure of its meat will be preserved);
- before freezing the trout, you must always remove excess moisture with a towel or napkins (too moist fish will break its structure during defrosting and lose some of its taste);
- to accelerate the process of defrosting trout can not in any case (this type of fish is thawed first in the refrigerator and then at room temperature);
- to freeze it is necessary only the cleared and gutted trout (it is possible to wash fish, but it is necessary to remove a moisture as much as possible a towel);
- Chilled trout should not be stored near smoked meat or sausages (the fish will soak up the smell of such products and change their taste properties);
- placing dairy products near the trout may adversely affect their quality and smell (trout should be stored separately or placed in closed containers);
- if you put fresh trout in salt water, and then put in the refrigerator, then the fish will remain better;
- if sprinkled with trout (fresh orcooled) sugar, then as a result of the original preservation can extend the shelf life (sugar is easily washed away with water and does not affect the taste of trout).
Folk methods of preserving trout widelyused by the hostesses. For example, if a piece of white bread, moistened with vodka, is placed next to the fish, the fillet will retain its juiciness longer and better. Twigs of mint or wormwood also contribute to better preservation of fish.
Trout is a category with fairlyfatty meat, so it is recommended not to store it in frozen condition for more than 6 months. Repeated freezing is not allowed. Freezing trout should be as soon as possible. If the fish was stored for a long time in the refrigerator and began to lose its taste, the situation will not freeze and the taste will not return.
When refrigerated, trout can be stored infor several days. In stores, this period can be up to a month, but the conditions of the display cases can not be reproduced in the refrigerator. If trout is not eaten for 2-3 days, then it must be urgently frozen.
For 7-10 days in the refrigerator canstored trout in marinade or salted fish. In this case, it is important not to create too sharp temperature changes. For example, if the workpiece is moved to room conditions, and after a long time back to the cold, but this can adversely affect the shelf life. If the trout is used portion by piece, then after the necessary quantity has been separated, the main fish should be immediately sent to the refrigerator.
Correlation between temperature and shelf life of trout:
- from -1 to -2 degrees - two weeks;
- from -15 degrees - 6 months;
- from -2 to +2 degrees - 3 days;
- from 0 to +2 degrees - 2 weeks.