How much can you store frozen rabbit meat in the freezer
Daily buy fresh meat can affordimagine not all. The vast majority of people try to stock up on them for at least a week. And if a convenient opportunity to buy at a low price a few pounds of good beef or 3-4 carcasses of a bird is turned up? To refuse this is difficult. And immediately the question arises - how much meat is stored in the refrigerator and how to store it properly at all?
The meat is stored in the freezer for a long time at -18? C and below. And the storage terms directly depend on the type of meat and the ways of its cutting - by pieces, whole carcasses or in the form of minced meat.
- Beef, pork and lamb (large chunks)stored for 4 to 12 months. Naturally, the less it lies in the ice - the more it will retain all its properties. Another important nuance - small pieces of meat (for example, goulash) should not be kept in the freezer for more than 3-4 months.
- Carcasses of a rabbit or nutria are best kept for no more than six months, but if necessary, the shelf life can be extended for another 6 months.
- Poultry carcasses can be stored for a year, and pieces of a bird lay for months 8.
- Any minced meat is stored for 2-3 months. It will last longer, but will become much less nutritious.
- Meat by-products store 1-2 months.
If the temperature in the freezer is about -12?C - the shelf life of meat products is reduced by 1/3. At a temperature from -8 to -10? C - in 2 times. Meat must be packed in food film (ideal) or plastic bags. With prolonged storage of meat it is extremely undesirable to unfreeze. Each defrosting halves all the useful qualities.
Now let's talk about storing meat in the refrigerator. This is especially true if you are very tired or busy to immediately process meat products, or prepare it for storage in the freezer.
Fresh, fresh meat is added to a glass orenamelware - it can not be left in the package! You can use a plastic food container. The meat can not be tightly closed - it is best to leave the container open. In this form it must be a day. The same applies to fresh bird carcasses.
Minced meat is stored in a common cell for no more than 12 hours - it must also be removed from the package. Any offal is not left in the common chamber for more than 6 hours.
Features of long-term storage of meat in the refrigerator
There are also emergency situations when meathave to store in the common chamber of the refrigerator for several days. For example, if the freezer is full or has stopped freezing. In this case, it is necessary to use culinary tricks that will not allow the meat to deteriorate.
- A piece of meat is well rubbed with lemon juice and stored in a glass, enamel or stainless container without covering - so it will "last" the day 2.
- You can wrap the meat in a thick paper, and from the top, wrap it with a cloth moistened with a strong saline solution. Shelf life - 2-3 days.
- Some sources advise to fill the meat with fresh milk or pour boiling saline solution - shelf life up to 2 days.
- If you have the opportunity - wrap a piece of meatleaves of nettle, and shift the pieces. Then wrap everything in a damp towel and put in an enamel bowl. It should not spoil about 2-3 days.
Finally, the meat can be simply marinated in lemon juice or vinegar. Marinade will not allow the meat to become foul within 3-4 days.
Well, what if, despite all the efforts frommeat or minced meat already gone unpleasant smell? If it just started to deteriorate - a lot of onions, spices and quality cooking will completely correct the situation.