Is it possible to freeze breast milk in a feeding bottle
Expressing breast milk had at least once every nursing mother.
How to preserve breast milk after the procedure of decantation is a very important issue, because every drop of mother's milk gives a huge benefit to the newborn.
In what situations can you keep the expressed milk for the baby?
There are various situations that force to decantmilk, but if the mother is not going to quit breastfeeding and the child is not intolerant of lactose, then it is necessary to preserve the mother's milk (provided that it is not possible to feed directly by the breast).
Common situations leading to storage of mother's milk:
- When a weak or premature baby is born.
Usually in children born on the basis of 30-35weeks, not developed the skill of sucking, and even more intense sucking out of the chest. For feeding these babies, softer pacifiers are used, through which it is fairly easy to drink the product.
- If the milk in the chest stagnates and forms solid formations.
When decanting such seals, it is not necessarystore, obtained from these dense clusters. If in the process of expressing, the breast has already become soft, and the milk is still left, it can be preserved for feeding the baby.
- If the mother needs to leave and skip the natural feeding of the baby, then the necessary amount of food for feeding from the bottle should be expressed.
- If the product brings wet nurses for children in the intensive care unit or shelter.
Milk at the time of illness of the mother, taking medication, while drinking alcohol, when breaking the clots formed in the chest - do not need to store.
There are several methods of storage and everything depends on how much milk should be stored.
Milk, stored without cooling devices, must be used in the first 3-4 hours after decanting.
Room temperature in summer should be at the level of 19-20 ° C, in winter from 21-23 ° C.
Storage containers, for example, a bottle, must necessarily be pre-washed and sterilized. At the time of storage, the liquid must be tightly covered with a lid.
Variants of used dishes: a bottle of the kid, a glass jar, a plastic container, a special package.
Preservation in a carrying case-refrigerator is possible for up to 12 hours.
When using this method of storage, it is best to clarify the information from the instructions to the bag.
The advantage of this cooling function of the bag can be stocked with more than one serving of the product. But if the product stored in the bag has not been drunk within the specified time, it is necessary to pour it out.
Store better in dishes that do not open and do not break.
The container for bottles works like a thermos, it is very convenient while walking with the child. The freshness of milk in such a container is provided for 4-5 hours.
The advantage of storing this way is that the temperature of the milk remains the same as immediately after the decantation.
Since in such containers there are special holes in the form of baby bottles, it is also supposed to store milk in them.
In the main compartment of refrigeration equipment the product is stored for no more than a day.
To put a container with milk of the mother can not be in the door, because when the refrigerator is opened, the temperature on the doors gets knocked out.
Choose a better place closer to the far wall of refrigeration equipment.
Dishes for babies fit glass or plastic.
Conservation by freezing is the longest. If the approach to the freezer is only through opening the main door of the refrigerator, the milk can be stored for no more than 2 weeks.
This period of freshness restriction is associated with a regular knock down of the temperature regime due to the opening of the doors.
If the freezer has a separate door, then the time for which the product can be left is increased to three months.
You can store it for six months.
About how you can express milk, how to store it in the refrigerator, defrost and heat, learn from the video.
With such a prolonged retention of the product in the frost, do not use non-specialized containers.
Features when stored in the refrigerator and freezer
- Milk at the time of storage in the refrigerator can be segregated, before feeding it is necessary to stir a little. Shake it is impossible.
- Chilled should be brought to the desired temperature for feeding (from 25-36 ° C) by watering the container with warm water or leaving it in a water bath.
- Ice cream can not be heated immediately, it is necessary to leave it in the main compartment of the refrigerator for thawing.
- Milk, stored for a long time in the freezer, can change the taste and color. Useful properties will not be completely lost, but due to taste changes, a child can refuse it.
- Strongly heat and the more boil the product can not. At the time of heat treatment, useful properties disappear from it.
- Defrosted can not be stored in case of non-use and even more so to freeze again.
- Choose dishes for storage follows from the rule of fewer transfusions.
- With prolonged freezing, half of its useful properties are lost in the product.
- If there is a need to save the product, then you need to sign the date and time of decantation.
- In storage tanks should be no more than one serving of milk.
- In the thawed or previously cooled, you can add a fresh expressed.
If the storage rules are followed, the same happens that the breast milk is spoiled.
Signs of the unfit for use:
- when defrosting, there is a sour smell;
- tastes bitter or sour;
- delamination according to the principle of sour products, i.e. kefir like mass at the bottom, and water (whey) on top.
If the color of the product is embarrassing, it is worth knowing that bluish or, conversely, too yellow milk is only an indicator of its fat content. To freshness, color is not relevant.
To feed the baby is better than mother's milk ascan be longer. Long-term breastfeeding provides the baby with the right vitamins and microelements for proper development and resistance to colds and viruses. If there is no possibility to feed the baby directly and you need to store milk, then it should be done correctly so that the baby as a result does not suffer from the stomach or does not stay hungry at all.