Which dairy products can be frozen in the freezer
The protein fermented milk product that is producedby heating sour milk or kefir, followed by the separation of whey - cottage cheese. It is divided by the contained fat into fat (17%) bold (7-9%) and low-fat cottage cheese (no more than 2.5%). Used as an independent product, or as an ingredient for cooking dishes - pancakes, cheese cakes, casseroles, cheesecakes. There are situations when there is an excess sour-milk product. Is it possible to freeze cottage cheese for storage, will its taste and nutritional qualities be spoiled?
Cottage cheese is rich in slowly digestible protein (casein),contains more than 15 g of protein in 100 g. It contains a high concentration of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamins of group B, A, C, PP. Specialists claim that it is possible to store cottage cheese in the freezer - after proper freezing and defrosting all useful qualities of the product are preserved. It is frozen at a temperature of -20 degrees, so it can be stored for up to two months.
Industrial capacities of dairy plantsallow to produce, so-called shock frost, in which the product freezes in a very short time at a very low temperature, about -35 degrees. If you freeze cottage cheese in a freezer in your home at a typical chamber temperature from -5 to -10 degrees, then the taste of cottage cheese will deteriorate significantly.
"The fungus will not bother you again!" Elena Malysheva tells in detail.
- Elena Malysheva - How to lose weight without doing anything!
Under the influence of minus temperature the structurefermented milk product varies. The liquid in it is subjected to the crystallization process. When defrosting begins delamination, the taste of the resulting cottage cheese changes due to the fact that the microorganisms that are in it are activated, the process of fermentation begins, due to an incorrect preparation.
This kind of product is obtained by strainingwhey from the milk base, leaving a clean tasty protein mass and a small amount of carbohydrates, so it is extremely saturated with nutrients, vitamins and trace elements, see the photo. Proteins are broken down by lactic acid bacteria to useful amino acids:
- Lysine, which is indispensable for the normal functioning of the liver;
- methionine, which prevents the development of atherosclerosis, promotes the excretion of cholesterol, normalization of the emotional background;
- Choline, which is necessary for the normal operation of the human nervous system.
Cottage cheese should be eaten by people with pathologiescardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract, abdominal organs, obesity, atherosclerosis, hypertension, cholecystitis, with fractures, problems with joints. Due to the high content of calcium, the fermented milk product is mandatory for pregnant and lactating women, children, adolescents, pensioners. Athletes use cottage cheese to replenish protein reserves and build muscle.
The use of dietary curd isthe minimum fat content, the manufacturing technology of which consists in lactic fermentation of skimmed milk, by applying a special starter, see the photo. This product contains the maximum amount of calcium phosphorus, and vitamin PP, which strengthen the bone system, improve the elasticity of the vessels, improve the intestinal microflora. All the useful properties of cottage cheese are stored in the frozen product, while observing the rules for its preparation and thawing.
The ratio of benefit and harm from the curd depends onthe way it is produced and the quality of the product. A high concentration of biologically active ingredients is contained in the product prepared at home by ripening natural milk. It is not recommended to use expired cottage cheese, tk. it actively propagates pathogenic microflora.
Is it possible to freeze sweet cottage cheese and howis it correct to save it? It is not recommended to eat fresh, and also to freeze, store sweet curd cheese curds and weights. They contain a large amount of sugar and its substitutes, preservatives, stabilizers, synthetic flavors and emulsifiers. Such additives are harmful to health in fresh and defrosted form, even if all the rules for the preparation and thawing of the product are observed. Store it on the top shelf of the refrigerator, within the expiration date specified on the package.
Homemade cottage cheese can be stored in the refrigerator 2-4day at a low humidity (up to 50%), if you transfer it from a cellophane bag to a ceramic or enameled vessel. Shelf life of the store analog - up to a week, tk. preservatives are added to increase storage period. Deep freeze is subjected to freshly prepared product, which after defrosting can be consumed without heat treatment. As for the shop pasty product, it is not recommended to be frozen, preference should be given to the granular.
To freeze the cottage cheese to store the temperatureThe freezer should be set at least -18 degrees (3 or 4 scale division on the handle of the regulator). Essential frost prolongs its shelf life to 1-2 months. Such a frozen product retains its valuable and useful properties, but before using it directly, it must be thawed.
To always have a fresh delicious cottage on the table, it should be properly frozen and stored:
- For freezing, you need only take a fresh product of industrial or domestic production.
- Use plastic bags notrecommended. Preference should be given to glass or enameled containers, which can already be wrapped with cellophane and signed with a marker (product name and date).
- Capacities need to be filled not up to the top, tk. when frozen, the liquid in the product will begin to expand and take up all of the volume provided.
- Freeze cottage cheese is recommended portionwise, tk. thawed product is not subject to re-harvesting.
- You can freeze ready-made ready-to-cook products - curdsused for cooking pancakes, vareniki, cheese cakes, which are prepared according to the classical recipe, then they are packed and frozen. So the cottage cheese does not change its taste, but it is stored longer.
After the thawing process, a fermented milk productshould be wrung out to remove excess serum, since it no longer has useful properties. It should be borne in mind that the cottage cheese after defrosting should completely correspond to the fresh product: to have white color, pleasant taste and aroma. Depending on the method of use, there are several ways of thawing this fermented milk product:
- For consumption in fresh form it is thawed on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for about 12 hours.
- For cooking with subsequent heat treatment - at room temperature about 3-4 hours.
- In a microwave oven with a defrost function for cooking dishes with a curd.
- For defrosting, with subsequent baking, you can use the multivark, for this it is recommended to set the device at a temperature of +20 degrees.
Defrosted cottage cheese, cooked all overrules, you can eat fresh if it thaws gradually in the refrigerator. In other cases, the product is used as an ingredient for making other delicious dishes, see recipes and photos:
- Cheesecakes. For their preparation you need to mix 200 g of cottage cheese, one egg, 1 tbsp. sugar and sour cream. Knead, then add 0.5 tbsp. flour and a pinch of soda. Knead the dough, form small "cutlets", fry on both sides in vegetable oil until golden.
- Pasta casserole. 250 g boiled macaroni mixed with 150 g curds, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp. Sahara. Put the mass on a frying pan greased with butter, bake at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes.