Can I freeze dried ceps?
Dried or frozen mushrooms in the winter will remind you ofwarm summer and generous autumn. Magic mushroom aroma can not compare with anything! We learn how to dry mushrooms properly and understand how to freeze mushrooms. At home, it's easy to do both.
- Every mushroom picker should know that dry and freeze fresh, freshly harvested mushrooms. And, of course, it's best to pick mushrooms yourself, and not buy on the market or near the road. After all, the fungi immediately absorb all harmful substances, if they grow or just lie near the machines.
- Before processing mushrooms need to be sorted out, once again check whether there is among ediblemushrooms poisonous or inedible. All stale, heavily blackened, rumpled mushrooms need to be postponed or discarded. Remember, for drying and freezing fungi must be selected.
- All mushrooms need to be cleaned from twigs and dirt, the ground on the leg should be carefully trimmed.
- For drying and freezing in fresh form, it is better not to mushrooms. They absorb water very well, therefore, they will dry out badly and may become moldy, and when frozen, water will turn to ice.
- white and boletus will live in the refrigerator after assembly for a maximum of 24 hours, and then if you collected young and strong;
- Ointment maslata better to process on the day of collection;
- Chanterelles will be able to "hold out" in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
- Since mushrooms are not washed before drying, they should be washed before cooking. And if you bought dried mushrooms in the market, be prepared for the fact that they cleaned them badly.
- Soak dried mushrooms - is also necessary. It is possible in cold water, but it is possible in milk. It will soften the taste of mushrooms.
- The taste of dried mushrooms is more intense and aggressive. Therefore, it is better to put them on slightly. A handful or even less for a liter of sauce, about a handful on a large soup pan.
- Since the taste is more concentrated, the driedmushrooms are suitable for soups and additions to various dishes. It is not recommended to make stuffing for pies or mushroom eggs only from dried mushrooms. It is better to add salt to them, after thoroughly rinsing them off excess salt.
- Water after soaking mushrooms is better to merge. Then they will not be bitter, and the taste will turn out more calm.
- In addition, it is more convenient to wash mushrooms after soaking. Then all the grains of sand and mote, adhered to the fungus, quietly removed.
- If you need a broth, it will turn out very good even on the second water. And the first can have an unpleasant aftertaste.
- After soaking do not forget to cut the mushrooms, as they are dried in large pieces, and after soaking you get mugs in a saucepan.
- Foam should be removed from the broth in the same way as when cooking fresh mushrooms.
- Dried mushrooms can be completely replaced with fresh ones. Only their number is reduced by 6-8 times. If it is written - 300 g of fresh, take no more than 50 grams of dried mushrooms.
- If there is no time for soaking mushrooms, then you can bring them to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes. Then drain the water, rinse the mushrooms and cook further.
- To get a quick mushroom broth and cook a porridge on it, for example, you can grind a couple of dried mushrooms in a coffee grinder or crush it in a mortar. And put the powder in boiling water.
- For soup, sauce, adding mushrooms in vegetable dishes, they are well fried. This will improve their taste.
- It is best to fry mushrooms in butter(the best option is to take ghee). You can fry mushrooms on vegetable, and in the end add creamy. It greatly improves the taste. Of course, this is possible only for dishonest dishes. By the way, this applies not only to dried, but also to fresh mushrooms.
300 g of sour cabbage
1 handful of dried mushrooms
1 tbsp. tomato paste
Step 2. Pour fresh with hot water and bring to a boil. Salt and cook for about an hour.
Step 3. Peel potatoes, onions and carrots. Cut potatoes into slices, onions - rings, and grate the carrots.
Step 4. Add the potatoes to the soup.
Step 5. Onions and carrots are saved in vegetable oil. When they become soft, add the tomato paste and stamping.
Step 6. Shred cabbage and add to the soup. Cook for 15 minutes.
Step 7. Add to the soup roast and sauerkraut. Boil.
Step 8. Put the bay leaves, pepper and salt. Leave to stand for 15 minutes under the lid.
onion 2 pcs.
canned tomatoes 1 can
meat broth 1.5 l
dried bread 150g
salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Step 2. Finely shred the bow. Fry onion in vegetable oil until ruddy.
Step 3. We introduce canned tomatoes and juice, mushrooms.
Step 4. Mix well and cook for about 15 minutes over low heat.
Step 5. In a separate bowl, combine crushed garlic, saffron and almonds. Solim to taste. Pour the finished chicken broth.
Step 6. The received refueling is poured into the soup and we add dried bread slices from above. Solim and pepper to taste. Mushroom soup is cooked for another 5 minutes.
- near industrial enterprises, dumps, fields treated with chemicals, railways and highways, under high-voltage lines, within the city limits;
- with an unpleasant odor, which have a tuberous thickening at the base;
- with a shell, "bag" at the base of the leg (like a pale toadstool, red fly agaric);
- old, wormy, eaten or absorbed water after long rains - it is possible that the process of decomposition of protein began in them;
- They appeared after the first frosts, which can cause the appearance of poisonous substances in them;
- After long hot days and lack of draft, do not harvest the first harvest of mushrooms, because even edible can be poisonous and dangerous to life.